The Middle-game (story)




“Hey man, you are the best thing ever happened in my life..”

Take care of him, never hurt him… and never let him get hurt..

“He is my brother, never ever dare to touch him.. “

“yes I kill her… i am the killer..”


“Feed your mind with positive thoughts”

Feed with what. That was the question hanging in front of him on the week thread of emotion and intelligence..
The thread was made of both..  it was so delicate ..
Voices where all around.. it was shouts, vibrating.. Shivering.. full of love.. passion…
Vengeance..
But blood is thicker than water. But love is neither blood, nor water.. it was far beyond..
Sounds, faces…  music is also disturbing… penetrating through brain …
He was the man….
And the man in front of him on his knees is his brother…
The man is pointing the gun on brother head.. the dead end.. Emotions are smashing him from both sides. Just like Playing chess by himself.. Moving both sides by himself.. Winner and loser will be the same.. and that is the ultimate failure.
“Brother…”
“Just kill me man… don’t think more.. don’t ask more.. please don’t let me speak man… I beg you..”
It was his brother.. who killed his wife.. his love..  may be far beyond..
The love was pure.. behind every successful man there will be a woman.. she was with him in his failures also, and she waited to see his success..
The man replied.. “ok. Do you have any wish..Before you die”
The brother kept silent..
The man shouted.. “don’t you hear me.?”  His voice was shivering. He look at his brother. The brother look back. He said. ” yes I do, but if I tell you my wish, you have to fulfill it”
The man kept silence for a while, then he said “ dig it out from your skull.. I will accomplish your final wish”
Brother look in to man’s eyes.. there was no trace of regret on his eyes. He said “ I want to play chess with you, and if I win I will be set free from this execution . if I lose, just shoot me down “ he put his eyes down.
The man … A cruel smile evolve on the tip of his lip..  “ you want to win.. and survive”.? Good.. my dear  brother, in your entire life you never win a game with me and at this end you want to play again.? “
“Yes”  the brother said.
Man’s voice was shivering “ you are good at poetry but very poor at chess in front of me ... keep that in mind “
 “Let’s see “ the brother said
 “ok, let’s play.. But Even if you win, I will kill you.. Because a check mate will not cure the pain in my soul.. I want to feed it “..


THE  OPENING


Time was moving too slow.. the chess board was set. Both sat opposite. Life and death were sitting opposite of that chess board.. only one will be chosen. So both were anxious.
The man, a loaded gun pointed to his brother on one side. And the brother with a week smile and the foxy look..  Between them the 64 squares . Life was like the chess board. It is mixed with dark and fare emotions and activities.  The difference is, life has no pattern.  Brother looks at the board. the mix of black and white, the mix of goodness and sins just like his life. And the end is unknown..
Because , his brother has got a mastermind. He is the chess champion and a corporate big name. Winning him and surviving is a dream.. may be a dream which has to last out as a dream.
The game begins, the 16 pieces of wood on each side, willing to fight according to their masters will and skill..
Man was aggressive, the brother was careful. Vengeance v/s existence.  Game goes on.. pawns started to fall
The man started speaking..
“she was my everything. She was the best thing ever happen in my life. I was not able to take care of her all the time. I was running all around because of my business. I was relaxed because you were her e to take care of her..  your bishops is gone “

The game was still on. The current phase was middle game. The man has the well defined predominance in this session. The brother was incapacitated…. The man keep talking..
“ I was waiting to success.. And she was my only support. My whole world was revolving around her. Now I lost it. The whole world is revolving around me in a crazy way.  Here is your second rook is been cut off by my bishop“

Brother said, “ I am taking your bishop “ the bishop had enter to the cutting field of the opponent.
Man got a smile on face. He said “ she loves you a lot. She was more eager in you studies, your dressing your corporate experiences. She was telling me all the time to take you to the company and to let you take part in our company activities .. why did you kill her..?” how could you do it ?”
The brother paused. His hands were shivering. The game was about to reach it’s end game. The sound of the man was echoing around his brother’s soul.. he sounded out with pain “ please don’t let me speak about it. “ his voice was crying

The man shouted “ you damn it, why don’t I ..? I want to know. Why did you kill my wife.? Why did you wipe out the goodness from my life.. why.?? “   his voice was thundering. It was so loud enough to fire up the lower periphery of the brothers  mind.. he take a pause, then started to breath heavily .. he look at the man and shouted..
“the angel you are speaking about was a bitch.. that’s why I kill her.”


THE MIDDLE GAME

The man was scandalized, shocked. He look at his brother with a look of outraged disbelief..
Brother proceeded…  “ you said it right. Behind every successful man there is a woman, because woman always chooses successful man, never a looser. She marry you when you were at the peak of success.. then things changed. You lost. Then you can’t take care of her.  Your whole world was revolving around one thing. That was not your wife, which was money. But she had her own requirements which a husband can fulfill.. But you where not here. “
He paused.. and said “ I don’t want to speak. But you dig it out … now the game is on .. next move is yours “

The man stare the chess board. The black and white squares where laughing at him. Equilibrating between dark and good had started inside his mind already.  It was the endgame phase. He consciously made a wrong move. And said “ you turn brother, go on”.

Brothers look at the man’s eyes. They were wearing anxiety. So he started to speak again. “ you told me to take care of her. I was ready for that. She lost interest in you when you become a looser. So she wants me to share her bed. I can’t take that invitation because I love you more than anything in this world. When I rejected her offer she search for someone else and she found many. I came to know all these very late.. “

He moved his pieces forward. It was a deadly move. The next move belongs to the man. If he play correctly he can erase his brother’s queen. But he didn’t cut it off. The brother was surprised. He said, “watch your queen “
The man smiled.. “ I failed to do that, that’s why all these happened. Then why did you kill her .”

Brother took  a deep breath and said “ i told her many times not to do this. I don’t want our family name to be trashed . she was ready for that only if I can replace that role. I got mad. Then she started black mailing. She said she will tell you that I have some bad intensions towards her.  But I was cool. I know that my brother will believe me, not a bitch. But she made a performance..”
What .? man was confused..
“she acted in front of me, as she is complaining about me.. with tears and sad expressions . And she said if she do like this you will believe. CHECK “

THE END GAME


The man look at the board. Yes it’s a check. But there is an option to move it safe. He made that move. His brother’s Words were echoing “if I win I will be set free from this execution. if I lose, just shoot me down”  he felt guilty . why I save my game.  

His brother proceeded “ I think of it. I had a choice to tell everything to you with evidences. But it will broke you and everyone will laugh at you. Your name will be put on the street dirt box. She don’t deserve to live any more. So I kill her. Now I am a murderer. You kill me or sent me to jail. The story ends there. None will talk about it more. But if her stories come out, the media will celebrate it.
…… 
CHECKMATE“
yes it was, the end game. The man look at the board. He was surrounded. But he can win if he tried. But the intelligence was turned off. Only emotions were controlling his mind. He said “yes I failed. You win. “
Brother was stormed “you can win, it’s the endgame .. there is chances “
The man said in emotionless voice “ you win, I agreed.. and as you said now you are set free.. “
He put the gun on the table. And look at his brother “ don’t feel guilty. She deserves it. The world will know this as a murder by a burglar during a theft . you will be safe “

Brother look at the man. His foxy eyes were getting read. On the spur of the moment He took the gun and shoot the man. The man gaze at his brother with an unbelief look. He was about to speak something. But bother shoot again. Death capture his new pray..


The brother said. “ I hope your soul will listen to me. Man, she was damn sexy. I can’t control myself. So I tried to get her on bed. She refused. Finally when a moment arrived , she was about to tell you everything. So I had no choice. I killed her with my secrets. “
He look at the chess card. The blood drops were scattered on the board. The white queen has her head dipped on blood.

 He murmured “ you know that I am good at poetry and story writing. Again you believe me, you know what, I know you.. but you don’t know me yet. And you got no chance to understand me anymore.. “

A WIN ALWAYS HAS IT’S VALUE ..

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ഒരു സൂര്യകാന്തി പൂവിന്റെ കഥ (story)

ചിറക്

ചില മഴ ചിന്തകള്‍