FLOWERS (story)


Rain, the eye drops of heaven. It is raining out there. I am at the window side. It is putting a wet mask on my sight. But it gives a feel, a feeling that hugs my mind and body. Rain.. I love this rain.
But I have to leave all these. This rain, its cool hug and everything, I have to drop here and vanish. I don’t feel to do it, but I have no option. The decease, that I have don’t want to bother about ma tastes and likes..
I am here in this hospital bed. 15 more days left. That is the maximum. I will not exist after that. But I am not sad. Because, I don’t have any unfulfilled dreams or desires. So I am not going to came back as a ghost, don’t worry..!! I think I still look like a ghost.. Bad jock na.?? Please don’t smile.
But actually I have some desires. Some dreams. I need to take this rain with me. I want to see mahima’s baby. She is going to deliver a baby. But it will take 5 more months. So, both of this will not happen. So these dreams will remain as dreams. Mahima is a doctor and a good friend too. I meet her here. Now I wish I could have met her long before.
DAY 1
This day also started without any hope. I was just looking at the rain. There is a temple nearby. The songs and bell sound is being filtered by the rain drops. The small road to the temple has small shops on sides, selling flowers and coconut. I hate flowers.eehh…!!! I can see the shops of one side clearly..
Through that rain I saw one small shop. The roof is just like a filter, so that the rain is pouring inside the shop too. Its again flowers..!! I hate them. I said everyone; please don’t put flowers on my grave.
But I saw her. She was sitting inside that shop. Trying not to get wet. I can’t clearly see her face. I become very eager to see her face. I gazed at her for some time. Then I saw her face. It’s really nice. It’s not a place where the beauty of the whole universe is accumulated. It is the place where I could see something special that I can’t found in may face. Anticipation. The light of expectation. Expecting something she likes.
On that day I was looking at her. It was a great relief. It was a nice feeling. Evening Mahima came to my room. I told her about that girl. Also I told her to bring me some flowers from that shop tomorrow.
That night I slept with some plans, of course with expectations too..
DAY 2 
 
The next day I felt something special. I felt freshness. I wake up for something; I wake up for the flowers from that shop. Soon Mahima came with flowers. I put it aside, I hate flowers. Again rain. Her shop is still having a damaged roof. That tarpaulin sheet has a lot of openings. She is again getting wet, now I hate this rain..!!
Mahima, help me… I requested with loud voice. She agreed. She went to the shop. I can see her talking with that girl. After some time she came with some flowers, Also with a sweet smile. When the rain stopped the roof changed. Mahima didn’t say how she makes her ready to accept this help. But now I know my girl has a blind father too..
I said “my girl” na.?? oh no.!! Mistake.. But it’s a nice mistake.. After that I always look at that girl. It was so nice to look at her. 

DAY 3, 4
This morning Mahima bring me flowers from that shop. I started looking at the flowers. It is not bad at all. Also I looked at her too.. at night I got some pain. Then I become alright.

DAY 5
        Today morning there was rain. The nice cool hands of rain hug me tight. So I can’t wake up. Mahima’s “good morning” call woke me up. She had my daily flowers with her. Also one more flower. A yellow flower. It’s for me, special one. Mahima told my girl about her unknown sponsor in this hospital. So she gave this for me.
        So that day, I was only looking at that yellow flower. Actually flowers are so beautiful.. I became very late to understand. It’s cute. It was telling me something. Something makes my mind smashing, blowing..

DAY 6
        The world around me was different today. The shining sun that shoots light rays. The trees were after a bath of rain. The leaves were shining too. I saw the world around me in a different way. I found that the nature has a sound, has a smell, has a heart too.. I felt heaviness in my heart. I felt I am in love. Sounds crazy right?
        I too felt it’s crazy. But it was true. I was in love. I really feel it. I am feeling it. Love-The most beautiful emotion. It’s not because of blood relation, believes, social status or fear. It’s so strong and beautiful. I love her, I want to meet her, talk with her, I want to live with her. Oh ho.. It’s not possible man..!!
        The whole day I looked at her. Her movements, gestures, smile , nodes and all.. I love everything..But I hate the reality that I have only 9 more days left.
That night I close my eyes to dream about her. To live with her in my dream world. It the most beautiful feeling , when you realize that you fall in love with someone.

DAY 7
        One more beautiful day begins. I have very few days left. May be one more week. My body is getting weaker. I can’t walk, if so I could have ran to her. I can’t step out of this room; lots of attachments are on my body. Technical advancement is putting more constraints to men.
        Mahima came with another bundle of flowers. Also that yellow flower. I told her that beautiful secret. I am in love. Her face was shining bright when I said that. Then it faded. I ask her, can you extent my life Span.?? Any servicing or repairs will work..? She didn’t answer and went out from the room quickly. I think she might have cried. But, I couldn’t control myself. I really feel to live more. If it is one more second, I will be happy. I can gaze at my girl Na.?
        Mahima came back after some time. She came with a small rose plant. She placed it near the window. It had a small bud in it. She give a job for me.. Take care of the bud. When it becomes a flower, she will give it to that girl. Also she will tell her about me. I felt that’s a good one.
        Flowers, now I like flowers the most. Hey rain, I still love you my sweet heart. I can’t forget your hug and kisses. But you show me my girl na.. Now I am in love with her. But rain was not impressed with this. She didn’t come that day. I look at my girl she was so happy today. So I too became very happy. I was dreaming with open eyes. At night I was looking at that rose bud. Now it’s my child. The child of love. I need to grow it up.

DAY 10
         I lost two days, valuable two days. Suddenly my condition became bad. I got unconscious. My body was not responding to medicines. They thought I will say good buy. But something brought me back. I have to come back na.?
        I looked at the bud. My child is growing fast. Mahima said I have to wait till day after tomorrow. I looked at the bud again. I was like that. Like a bud.. Then I grew up. Then very soon I am going to fall. Why don’t I become a plastic flower? Imperishable. Long lasting. But it will not have smell. It will not be alive. So this life is better. I will be alive till my death. I can spread some smell too..
        Oh god. You know it. You know it that I am going to die soon. Then why did you show her to me.? Why did you make me fall in love with her? I don’t deserve anything from this world. Even if I get, I can feel it. I can’t take anything. You know all these. But still you did this to me. Life is so beautiful now. It has a value. I don’t want to die. Can you please keep me alive? Please.
        I need her; I need to hold her hands tight. I need to come back to normal. Give me some extra breath. This love that keeps me alive is not allowing me to quit. It hurts.. God, you know all these na. Please don’t do this to me. She was an unknown person. A stranger. Now she is my everything. I feel to live with her. Relay l love her that much. I don’t know what happen to me. But it’s a truth.
        I beg you, god please keep me alive.

DAY 11
I was very week today. Mahima listen to me. She read my prayer. Then she speak. The words that she speak made me strong. She said if I have a strong desire I can live. Death will not dare to touch me. It sounds well. I become normal soon. I don’t know what that magic was.
There was rain on that day. Beautiful day. It put a mask on ma sight. So I saw a wet image of my girl. She is always with flowers. I love flowers now. She looks so beautiful today. The bud was almost a flower. Tomorrow Mahima will give this to her. And she will say my love. I know she will come to see me. I will be smart. I have to be smart na..!!
I need to live. I am not ready to die. Love is a magical medicine. I will come back. I am going to dream about her in this entire night. When I was searching for a bit of love, wandering around the cape of hope..You fall on me as a rain of love. I look at that flower again. Child of love.

DAY 12
I am writing this for him. I am Mahima. He passed away. I need to write more. But I can’t write anything right now. That flower is there on the plant. I don’t know what to do with that.

DAY 13
        His funeral. Today morning she gave me that bunch of flowers. I take it. I put these flowers in to his gave pit. The soil covered it.. I think he will be living in the other world. I hope there will be rain and flowers over there. He loves them that much.

DAY 14
        She is gave me flowers today also. She said she has prayed for him. So she believes that her prayer will be accepted soon. He sent her wishes to him too. I don’t know how I could prevent my tears. It really hurts. I can’t says her that he is dead.. I think I will get some courage to tell her later.

DAY 15
        I put those flowers on his grave. This is what I can do for him. I will collect it daily and put it here.. He will be happy.. I take that rose flower plant to my home. I am watering it. The children of love is blooming again..

Comments

  1. Good caption...............

    also very touching story..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. eda baynkaraaaaaaaa.........i nw realize dat u have vry gud literary smell as like the smell of those flowers.........vry gud story....really a touching 1.....keep it up.......all the bst........

    ReplyDelete
  3. ambu,tanx da.. iniyum ezhuthan oru energy kitti..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ഒരു സൂര്യകാന്തി പൂവിന്റെ കഥ (story)

ചിറക്

ചില മഴ ചിന്തകള്‍